Monday, November 16, 2009

DAY 7

Dearest Family,
Today Jill and I woke up at an abnormal hour to catch a flight to Rome. As soon as we landed, we took a taxi to St. Peter's Cathedral. The taxi ride was much like a roller coaster, but only scarier. The difference between a roller coaster ride and our taxi ride was the level of safety. All ends well on a roller coaster; however, with our taxi ride...we were not so sure. In both France and Italy I felt that traffic rules were only guidelines...not really rules at all. It truly was insane as our driver weaved in and out of traffic. It was like we were in the movies. After we arrived at St. Peter's Cathedral we toured the grounds there, and then moved to the Colossium, Palatine Hill, the Roman Forums, the Trevi Fountains, the Pantheon, and finally we visited the Piazza Novona. In the midst of our touring we ate real Italian pizza, and gelato (gelato is Italian ice cream, and it is amazing)! We also shopped at a market street, and I purchased a painting. I tried to barter with the man, but it was too obvious that I liked his work, so I didn't get far with my bartering. All in all, our day in Rome was amazing!
I am missing you guys, and I can't wait to see you soon. I will be traveling for 20 hours tomorrow as I return home to you! I am definitely not looking forward to traveling, but the end result will be sweet! I am so grateful for this opportunity. Thank you again! Jill and I had the time of our lives, and we will never forget this experience! Touring France, London, and Italy...wow...it was awesome!
I love you, Wifey and Mommy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carrie,
I am so sorry for getting back that late to you. I just got your voice mail on my phone. I wish I would be able to join you in Paris to hang out with you and Jill but I truly can't. I just can't afford it right now, giving the fact that I am already going to Paris next week and to Disney. That would be just too much for me. It was so nice from you though to offer it. I really appreciate. I am sure we will see each other though, but it may be in USA.... Your husband's and kids' post and pictures made me laugh so hard. He seems to be doing an awesome job ;)
I have been enjoying reading your posts as well. It seems that you are having a lot of fun and I am so happy for you 2.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.? You will be in my thoughts and heart. I hope you understand about sunday. If I was able to get on the train and come I would do it in a heartbeat but I have to be reasonnable...
Can't wait to hear from you soon
Julie

Carrie Miller said...

Julie, No worries at all!!! I would never have asked you if I had thought it was a burden, or if I thought you would have had to spend money on a Sunday. I am sorry. I hope Paris is treating you well! Love ya, Carrie