Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 2
Dearest Family,
Today has merged with yesterday...I am barely keeping my eyes open as I post this message. However, I wanted to send a note of love in your direction...oh, how I miss you...I do love each of you so very much, and everything I am doing reminds me of you, and my love for you. Let me explain...
I started my day out by saying good-bye to you (you of course were on my mind). I then journeyed on an airplane where I met an amazing lady. We talked for hours about family, church, beliefs, and I was truly touched by her kindness...as I think she was with mine. It was like meeting a long lost sister on an airplane. After two hours of talking, we realized we didn't even know each other's names...we laughed! How funny to share so many things with someone I had just met, but like I said...she was a long lost sister. Throughout my eight hour journey with this lady (Julie) as my companion, I thought of each of you, and my love for you! I talked about you, and our happiness. Our happiness in our beliefs, and our pure and simple love for one another. You were all with me on that plane, and I missed you. I am truly grateful to you all! Oh, how I miss you!
As I arrived at the airport, Julie stayed by my side until we met up with Jill. She was a genuine friend...waiting for what seemed like quite a while. She insisted on staying by my side. What an amazing example of Christ-like charity. She was so kind and loving. I was touched. Even Jill felt of her kindness, and was also touched. We said our good-bye's with promises of contacting one another soon, and then I was off to Disneyland Paris where my thoughts were with you all day.
I thought of you as I rode all of our favorite rides (Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Space Mountain). I also thought of you as I rode on the Tower of Terror, which I know wasn't everyone's favorite ride, but was definitely a favorite for me!!! I thought of you as I watched the characters, and I cried a little because I wanted you there by my side. Oh, how I miss you!!!
My day has finally come to an end, and to be honest, I am exhausted. Thank you, all of you, for giving mommy such an amazing experience here in Paris. I am loving each and every moment as I carry you along with me in my thoughts. My heart is full as I think of my love for my sweet little family, and I want you to know--I LOVE YOU!!!
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Carrie,
reading your post on your blog made me cry so much. How wondeful are you to say all those nice things about me... Thank you so much and trust me I say the exact same thing about you. Within all my trips that I did on my own to USA this trip back to France was sincerely the best and most powerful one I have ever had. It was truly a joy to meet you and share all those things with you. We were such on the same page that it puzzled me at first but felt so great. God really wanted us to meet each other and I feel blessed to have you in my life now. I hope that we will stay in touch, I have the feeling we will. I found a best friend in you almost like a sister as you said.... Now that I have seen all of those beautiful pictures of your family I am eager to meet them. You have a wonderful family that you can be proud of!
I am so happy that you had fun in Disney and cannot wait to read the rest of your journey. Enjoy every bit of it. It is a one lifetime experience and God wants you to make the most of it. You already started your trip by making such a huge difference and amazing impact in my life by being part of it now. I feel so grateful for it. Merci;).
I wish you the best and will talk to you soon.
Julie, your traveling partner:)

Carrie Miller said...

Julie, thank you for your comment! I too, look forward to future contact. You are absolutely right when you say we were meant to meet eachother! I am so grateful! I will contact you soon! Love, Carrie