Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 6

Dearest Family,
Today was an amazing day! We attended church early this morning, and in the afternoon we walked the gardens, and drove through Paris. While at church, I experienced the best part of being in a foreign land--the experience was truly eye opening. Everything was in French (of course), so I couldn't understand without a translator. In sacrament meeting, three talks were given. All of which were centered on the power of prayer. Each talk touched me! I felt the spirit so strong. It opened my eyes and heart as I listened to talks given in French, but understanding in English via translation. The simple truths of the Gospel were preached from a foreign land. My spirit was touched as I listened to these Gospel truths in another tongue, and although I have always known that the Gospel is a part of a world wide church, seeing it with my eyes, and feeling it with my heart touched the inner core of my soul. I felt the spirit testify of these truths. My eyes were opened to my brothers and sisters in foreign lands, and although I couldn't understand them, I loved them. We are all brothers and sisters in this immense world of ours. I am so grateful to have attended church in Paris. I love this Gospel with all of my heart, and I know it is true. I have no doubt!! I have always felt the sweet spirit of this Gospel whispering to my soul, and it was a sweet experience to feel that same feeling in a foreign land.
I want you guys to know how much I love you! I wanted you there with me today. I am thinking about you every minute of every day. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Love, Wifey and Mom

No comments: