Thursday, October 2, 2008

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good...
I think Heavenly Father places people in our lives, so that we can learn from them, and hopefully together we can become better people. Today I read a blog of a friend that I have had for many years. This friend is someone I adore beyond belief. She and I became friends while we were living in Texas. We had identical lives. We each had one kid (only two weeks apart in age), we each had husbands working to finish their degrees, and we each had a need for a friend. We were “sisters” right away. I loved her, and I still do! Anyways, while I was reading her blog I was reminded why I love this person so much! She is one of the greatest examples in my life. She is the most unselfish, caring, and thoughtful person. All the while she is also much like the rest of us…she often feels that she could be doing more. I think that the things that she is doing now is an amazing example beyond words. So, today I wanted to list what I have gleaned from my dear, sweet friend Rachel:
1. Rachel thinks of her children’s needs constantly above her own needs. I think this a battle we as mother’s always are trying to accomplish. For example, I feel I am always running to get the next thing done…and yet, sometimes it is better to not be getting “done”, but to be spending time with the people who matter most.
2. Rachel faces great challenges with her sweet Carver, and through her challenges she finds the silver lining. I love her optimism, her love for life, and her continuous hope for a better and greater tomorrow.
3. Rachel finds joy in motherhood.
Number three has to be the cap off of truly who Rachel is. Isn’t that our goal while we are here? Men are that they might have joy! I LOVE my friend Rachel, and I am so grateful for her example.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Carrie, you are WAY too nice!! I'm really not all those things at all. But I am so grateful you called yesterday. It was such a highlight of my week! You've always been such a good friend to me - I just love you and your family, even if it's been too long since we saw each other!