Sunday, October 5, 2008

LITTLE BOYS!!!
Jacob is in the "get into everything" stage. One of his favorite games is to pull everything from my bathroom drawers and cupboards, and throw them into the bathtub. He also loves tearing up little bits of toilet paper and throwing them into the toilet, or perhaps throwing in the entire roll (occasionally he'll eat the little bits). He also likes to take the garbage can lid off and play with the lid. And yet another favorite game at our house is to pull out all of the books from the bookshelf, or the movies from the movie cupboard. Usually while I am in the middle of cleaning up one these messes, he is off accomplishing another one of his daily tasks. I have always been told that little boys are different from little girls, and I am beginning to believe this simple truth. Truly I feel that Jakey gets into more things than either of my girls (however, Hailey would get into the toilet and garbage on occasion, but it was easy to break her of the habit-Jakey won't stop!).
With all of this about the "trouble" Jakey gets into, I must add the endearing qualities as well. He always manages a heart warming smile in the midst of his adventures, which (of course) keeps me laughing. But even more importantly--he is good. Tonight while Bryan was trying to do the dishes, he was trying so hard to help by getting the dishes out of the dishwasher, and handing them to Bryan. He tries to make mom happy by picking up the movies, or books when asked, and he is an always ready participant of family prayer as he loves to fold his tiny little hands together (it never lasts through the whole prayer, but hey--we're loving it anyways). Just watching him grow has been so fun for me. He is so precious and pure...straight from our Heavenly Father. His innocence wins me over every time!

5 comments:

Julie Carroll said...

Oh, I love it! I mostly love that I am not there yet, and FEAR the day the twins are at that stage!! I think it is great that you thought to take a picture of the aftermath! Aren't you glad they give you those precious smiles... I think it is the only thing that saves them at that age!!

Pam said...

Jakey is the cutest! That kid could get away with anything with me.

wilfordfamily2003 said...

I have to admit that your description of Jakey sounds so familiar. Boys are so busy and have so much adventure and creative energy. What a sweetie. We are so blessed!

Liz said...

That is my Josh. I have given up cleaning when he is up, it just no use. But you do have to love them.

Jaime and Scott said...

Hey this is jaime burnham, i have to comment... Cade does the exact same thing! everything from the bathroom drawers goes strait into the tub... he knows how to turn the water on though... can get pretty messy.