Thursday, April 5, 2012

JERUSALEM DINNER
Our "Walk with the Savior" has been a memorable experience this year. I have asked Hailey and Amber to help in preparing the lessons. This year I have felt prompted to allow Hailey and Amber to take part in teaching portions of the Savior's life. I think the Lord was teaching me a valuable lesson about allowing my girls to internalize what they were learning. By allowing them to testify, their hearts were more directly turned to the Savior.  One evening Hailey spontaneously started a testimony meeting as she expressed her feelings about the Savior. As soon as she finished her thoughts, Amber began to testify. The entire family was moved to tears as the spirit bore witness of our Savior's love for us and for all men. I was grateful for the evening.

One of our favorite traditions during this week is our "JERUSALEM DINNER". We eat what the Savior would have eaten, and we sit on the floor like the Savior would have sat.


No comments: