Friday, May 4, 2012

Jacob melts my heart. He kept me laughing all day...
EPISODE #1
It was raining, and Jake wanted to go jump on the trampoline... (He loves watching the water spring off the trampoline as he jumps.)
"Okay, Jake. You may go, but first could you please give mommy a kiss good-bye." As he leaned in for the kiss, he grabbed my face with his hands, and nailed me a good one, and then said...
"It's okay that I kissed you on the lips, because I'm going to be married soon."
A bit surprised, I asked, "Oh...who are you going to marry?"
His response, "Hailey."
I couldn't wait until Hailey got home from school to tell her the "BIG" news.

I absolutely love how Jake thinks he is so big. Even though he knows that the number "10" is bigger than "5", he still insists that he is bigger than Hailey. When she points out their age difference, it simply doesn't matter, because he KNOWS he is BIG.  He is ready to take on the world--He believes He CAN and HE WILL.
Demonstration of Kisses
 EPISODE #2

Jacob loves M&M's. I bought a bag of trail mix today, and while I was unloading the groceries, Jacob sat on the floor picking through the trail mix, eating all of the M&M's. I stopped to let him know that the nuts were really good too--He wasn't convinced. After some pleading, I convinced him to try a peanut with an M&M promising him that it was my favorite combination. I readied my camera for the experiment...

Trying the NUT.
Not convinced.

EPISODE #3
Jake and I were dueling with our Nerf Guns when I ran out of bullets. Jake quickly gathered my ammunition, then pointed his "fully loaded" gun at me, and said, "Party's over, MOM!" He then chuckled as he started unloading his gun in my general direction.

 I laughed so hard. Where in the world did he think of that?

No comments: