Thursday, September 18, 2008

The VIEW of a CHILD

I think sometimes I learn a lot about what is truly important by what my children say. The other day I was playing with my sweet, Amber when she said, "I am going to be a good mom someday, and not talk on the phone". Now there are definitely times when the phone is necessary, which I know that my Amber does not quite understand; however, what she does understand is that the time I spend on the phone is less time I spend with her. So, as Amber and I sat at our kitchen table, we talked about the phone, and I came to the conclusion that there are a lot of things in our lives that are blessings when they are used in moderation, and there are also a lot of things in our lives that hinder when they are used in excess. The interesting thing about this comment is that I have been trying, for what seems like a long time, to talk less on the phone, and make time for the "important things", and I feel I have succeeded...I guess there is always room for improvement!
With this experience in mind, I decided to "learn" more from the "mouths of babes" by doing a quiz I saw on several of my friends' blogs. I am so grateful to have opportunities to learn what it means to "become like a little child". I am blessed to have three perfect examples in my midst.

1. What is something mom always says to you? Who are you and what does that mean? {We have a cute saying in which I ask Hailey and Amber who they are, and they answer, "I am a child of God". I then ask them what that means, and they reply, "I am a PRINCESS"!}
2. What makes mom happy? When I do my chores.
3. What makes mom sad? When I don't obey.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? She tickles me.
5. What was your mom like as a child? Sweet and Kind (I love this kid!)
6. How old is your mom? 29
7. How tall is your mom? I don't know.
8. What is her favorite thing to do? To be with her family.
9. What does your mom do when you are not around? Go on dates!
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Being a special mom!
11. What is your mom really good at?
Rollerblading
12. What is your mom not so good at? Hair cutting
13. What does your mom do for her job? She's a mom!
14. What is your mom’s favorite food? Chicken Pot Pie
15. What makes you proud of your mom? That she can be my mom.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? The dog on Ruff Ruff, because he's funny.
17. What do you and your mom do together? Hug each other
18. How are you and your mom the same? We love each other
19. How are you and your mom different? We have different personalities.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because she tells me everyday.

1. What is something mom always says to you? Who are you and what does that mean? {We have a cute saying in which I ask Amber who she is, and she answers, "I am a child of God". I then ask her what that means, and she replies, "I am a PRINCESS"!}
2. What makes mom happy? Playing with me.
3. What makes mom sad? When I am not with her.
4. How does your mom make you laugh? When she tickles me.
5. What was your mom like as a child? I didn't see.
6. How old is your mom? 15 ( I love this answer!)
7. How tall is your mom? 100 and million ages
8. What is her favorite thing to do? To play games with me.
9. What does your mom do when you are not around? Ummm...play on the computer.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? That she is a MOM! (she really said this)
11. What is your mom really good at? To be a mom!
12. What is your mom not so good at? Helping me with the monkey bars. (I asked her why I wasn't good at that, and she said that it was because she liked daddy better than me.)
13. What does your mom do for her job? She takes care of kids.
14. What is your mom’s favorite food? Chicken Enchiladas-not really
15. What makes you proud of your mom? That she takes care of kids and loves me.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Cinderella
17. What do you and your mom do together? We play puzzles, and lots and lots of games.
18. How are you and your mom the same? We play the same games.
19. How are you and your mom different? Mom hair is dark, and mine is not.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because she tells me a long time.

Jakey really can't answer the questions, but I thought his cute face should be included into the blog as well. Isn't he so cute?





1 comment:

Pam said...

Love these quizzes! So funny to hear what kids say.

And I'll stop calling you so much...that will help you to stay off the phone. :)