Sunday, September 14, 2008

Perspective
Perspective is a funny thing. I truly believe that our perspectives are constantly changing with each new trial (or blessing) we endure. Throughout our lives we get glimpses of what it means to have an eternal perspective. Each experience, whether it be happy or sad, guides us towards our Heavenly Father's view. Our spirits yearn for this view, but our sensual more carnal selves push it away. So, our loving Heavenly Father, which he is, give us "experience" so that we may learn.
This past year has been filled with "perspective changing experiences" for me. I feel like my Heavenly Father has reached down and guided me in my own learning process. With that being said, I do not feel that He is done. This week I have gained yet another perspective.... People I love are in pain, and with every fiber in my being I want to take that pain away, but I can't. My heart aches for them..., which brings me to my "perspective change" for this week. I think many times in our lives we try to do things on our own. We rely on our own strength. We forget to place our trust, and our hearts in the hands of a greater power. All week long I have been trying to work through this hurt alone. I now realize that I cannot do it alone. I need my Savior. I have learned this same lesson with raising my kids, being a good wife, being a good friend, reading scriptures, and the list goes on...I need my Savior. I cannot do it alone! We are not meant to live our lives alone. I truly believe that this is one of the greatest challenges that we must overcome in this life--we must put our trust in our God! We must believe Him when He says He is there. We must trust, and then we must watch Him create miracles in our lives. I know that He is there waiting for me to reach out to Him for help. He wants to help. He loves me! He loves us all!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I just want to tell you that I love you...you're awesome and a great example to me!

Jill said...

Carrie, I just want you to know you are a great support to your friends. Thanks for being you, and totally off the subject I love your new topper!! Miller Memoirs is looking awesome!!!!!! Good work!!