Monday, January 19, 2015

Featherville

MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY=
NO SCHOOL

It was Martin Luther King day, the kids were out of school, and Bryan was out of work--it seemed like a good time to go sledding at the cabin. We snagged two (Lowry) kiddos to join in our fun, and we were off! A day off from life, at the cabin--is good for the soul. I am grateful we have a place we can escape to, and enjoy each-others company. The time we spend at the cabin is better than any other trip. When my kids are old and gray, they are going to look back at the memories we shared with them at the cabin with great fondness. This place is an intricate part of their growing up. I truly believe that the bonds we have formed due to the time spent at the cabin, will provide fortification.The cabin is part of our Miller Wall (like the wall Moroni builds in The Book of Mormon to fortify his people) that builds and protects our family. I am grateful that the cabin can be this for my family. 
Bryan blazing the trail...
After I confirmed that he was okay, we all had a good laugh at his roll down the sledding hill.


Amber demonstrating the outdoor warmth--never-mind the snow, and it being winter...






The sledding hill is a bit steep, and I was a bit nervous to go down.  (I must be getting old.) Hailey started pushing me towards the hill, and I held on to her for dear life--I didn't want her to push me over the edge. I wanted to go over on my own terms.

Hanging on tight.


"I'm Hot and Tired!"

...And then Garren ran him over...(not on purpose), and because he wasn't hurt--it was slightly funny!

These two boys filled the tubes with snow, and then crushed the snow by stomping on the filled tubes, so they could make the snow nice and slushy for a snow cone. YUMMY!

Making Snow Cones


It really scares me to ride double with Bryan, because we go really, really, really fast.


We played this game ten trillion times. The girls didn't want to quit. Brooklyn kept saying, "Just one more game". It made me smile every time she said it.

No comments: