Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween Traditions

Doughnuts and Apples

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm not sure who "They" is, but as I scroll through these pictures, a thousand words seem to run through  my mind."Words/Thoughts" about changing the water each time someone else dunks for an apple; this thought resurfaces several times as my camera depicts the water (and spit) running from my children's faces with each new dip. Thoughts about doughnut wars, powdered faces, and yummy food as the children race to be the first one done with their doughnut on a string. This thought resurfaces as I view the picture of  Bryan and I battling for the win--he always wins--it must be because he has a bigger mouth than me. Smile. That must be it. Smile again. More thoughts. Then there are those thoughts where I laugh out loud as I see Jacob holding my head to the ground, and Hailey's angle on the camera, or Amber's determination to hold the rod just right so that the doughnut hits her dad in the face... Wonderful, beautiful thoughts emerge as I scroll through these pictures. Pictures truly are worth a thousand words. 
And family traditions are worth more than words! So grateful! 










Jacob is holding my head down...making sure I don't cheat! What kind of trust is that?





No comments: