Sunday, October 12, 2014

Family Bonding

Cookie Decorating & Pumpkin Painting

I love October. I love the colorful leaves, the crisp air, and the October festivities. There is so much fun to be had in the month of October. While eating dinner last night, I asked my kids their favorite October activity, and they simply couldn't decide--Pumpkin Patch, Pumpkin Painting, Pumpkin Carving, Cookie Decorating, Pumpkin Hunt, Witch's Dinner, Trunk-or-Treat, Halloween Movie, etc.... I agree with my kids--it's impossible to pick a favorite; however, I can definitely pick a favorite sentiment--I love the family bonding that occurs in our home! Every activity carries with it a memory, and each memory strengthens our family bond.
 
I have to be honest--in order for me to be able to provide these fun-filled activities, I have to calendar each event at the beginning of October. I sometimes wonder if it is worth the effort. My conclusion: anything that provides my kids an opportunity to bond with their siblings, and allows our family to enjoy one another's company--is well worth the effort!
 







We love the missionaries!!!

Pumpkin Painting







No comments: