Saturday, August 2, 2014

Education Week

Education Week
We love Education Week! This is my third year, and my kid's second year going to BYU Idaho for Education Week. Each of the kids have classes they attend, and it feels almost like a Mini-EFY. Jacob and Amber both have counselors that teach them lessons and play group games throughout the day. All three of my kids look forward to the event. I truly feel blessed to hear ways in which I can do better and I also look forward to the inspiration. Someday, I might just teach at Education Week...  


FEEDING FISH
We spent our first evening in Eastern Idaho with my parents. We decided to go to the PLAYMILL, and on the way--we stopped to feed the fish.



I love Hailey's zest!




The fish would come right up to the rocks to get the bread!



Grandpa and the PLAYMILL.

We went to the PLAYMILL with my parents our first night in town. We had such a blast! Amber and Hailey got to sit right in the front row with Grandma, and they were often teased--they loved it!

 Ropes Course
We were able to participate in the ROPES COURSE as part of Education Week. It is a challenging course that reaches over 80 feet in height. It's unnerving to look down, and it takes courage to pull your body from one pole to the next. Along with the climbing, there are also team building activities in which we were able to participate--SUPER FUN! I loved that my kids could "problem solve" with family and strangers. They were able to go outside their comfort zones, and solve difficult tasks, and then they were able to apply these tasks to real life situations. 

Problem Solving Activity

Amber made it to the top!



Hailey on top!





Mom on top!


No comments: