Sunday, May 9, 2010

SPRING BREAK Continues....Day 5~Betrayal of Jesus

(For the fifth day of our walk with the Savior, we talked about the importance of good friends, and what it must have felt like for Jesus to be betrayed by someone who was a trusted friend. We were able to spend the entire day in the company of good friends, and then that night we played Easter Bunny to a few unsuspecting friends...)

I am so blessed to have good friends in my life! One of my favorite country songs of all time is called "Angels Among Us" it depicts how each of us are sent "angels" to watch over us in our times of need. There was a time in my life when I felt immensely alone, and God sent an angel my way.
About eight years ago, Bryan received a job offer in Seattle, Washington as a tax accountant in a big firm. After much prayer, we knew that this was the path the Lord wanted us to take. We were both excited for his new job, and our new start in a big city. As the days became months, it became apparent that neither of us were prepared for what it meant to work at a "big" firm. One night just shortly after the birth of our second child, my feelings of loneliness seemed unbearable. I remember being awake at 2 am, rocking our daughter, and wondering when Bryan would be home from work. I remember turning to the Lord in prayer...asking for help, pleading for his loving hand to help still my loneliness.
It wasn't until years later that I realized that God had sent me an angel. She always said that I was her answer to prayer, but truly she was my answer on more than one occasion. I remember days when all I had to do was call her, and she would know I needed a friend. Several times she would come to my home, and nurture my family. I look back on this experience with gratitude. Gratitude for an amazing example, and gratitude for an angel in my life.
Looking back on my life...I had more than one "angel" during this particularly hard time, and I have had an "angel" in every stage of my life. God really does look out for us! He loves us immensely. He sends us friends to be angels--to answer our prayers in times of need! I am truly grateful for all the angels in my life (and I have many)!

During Spring Break, my "angel" friend, Amy, came to visit, so I rushed home from Idaho Falls, and it was well worth the effort, because we had the time of our lives...
~Jackson (Amy's second oldest), Devyn (Amy's oldest), Jake, Amber, Hailey, and Lexi (Amy's youngest) at the Zoo~

~Lexi, Jackson, Devyn, Amber, Jake, & Hailey~

~Living it Up at the Wing Center~

No comments: