Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ELEVEN YEARS and counting...
On April 30, Bryan and I celebrated 11 years together! Words cannot describe how I feel about my husband. I love him more and more each and every day. I love the way he smiles at me. I love the sparkle in his captivating blue eyes. I love his constant patience, his ability to calm me in any storm, his loving guidance...I love everything about him...
I remember eleven years ago when Bryan and I were moments from being sealed for time and for all eternity, the sealer asked me if I was prepared for imperfections in my future husband. I remember feeling very mature as I answered in the affirmative. He then turned to Bryan and asked a similar question, which Bryan promptly answered in an overly exaggerated, shocked at even being asked such a question, sort of way...which, immediately brought laughter from all present, and definitely made me look bad:). Now eleven years later if I were to be asked that same question, my answer would reflect a tone closer to the answer Bryan gave (even though his answer was in jest). When I married him eleven years ago, I never dreamed I could love him as much as I do now, and I am positive that I will be even more surprised at my feelings ten years from now. I have never been so blessed as I am being married to my Bryan. Eleven years ago I was naive, and I think a bit clueless...now when I think I have somewhat of a clue (at least I hope), I am astounded at how blessed I am to have snagged such an amazing guy! WHEW.

IN CELEBRATION OF ELEVEN YEARS...WE WENT TO SUN VALLEY, IDAHO!!!

Bryan and I had so much fun goofing around on the ice. Sometimes we balanced rather well, but most of the time...

my fanny was becoming acquainted with the ice.



We also went roller blading...

...again, my fanny making introductions. (I totally deserved this fall, because I had just finished laughing at Bryan for "almost" falling.)

I almost ran over a snake while roller blading. It still makes my insides cringe if I imagine what would have happened, if it would have happened. Thank goodness squished a 'la snake was not on the menu!

We started roller blading just before mile marker #4, and Bryan turned to me and said, "if we make it to mile marker #7, we will have gone too far." We quickly promised each other to keep an eye out for the mile markers. Several good laughs latter, we remembered our promise, and we diligently began looking for the next mile marker. As the next mile marker came into view, we realized our folly (or our forgetfulness). We turned back at mile marker #8. All in all we roller bladed nearly nine miles. By the time we arrived at the car, we were exhausted, yet content. We had so much fun simply enjoying each other's company!

I am so grateful to my mother-in-law for her willingness to watch our kiddos, so that Bryan and I could enjoy a weekend celebrating the beginning of our family!



4 comments:

Bryan said...

That guy is awesome at ice skating! How did he not make the Olympic team? And he took on that fierce water snake. And he is married to a totally hot babe! He is so awesome!

The Woolner Family said...

Congrats. What a fun anniversary--although why the choices of so many "butt maiming" activities? I say for your 12th, you give them a rest and plop them on a sunny beach somewhere.

Jeff and Shaura Miller Family said...

Looks like fun! Happy belated anniversary! You two are a great team!

Heather said...

Nice Hair cut!