Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE~
Eight Years ago I had the blessed opportunity to serve as 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. One night while serving in my calling, two young women asked me if I would attend their weddings? I told these two sweet young girls that I would do anything I could to make it to their wedding..."if" they were to get married in the temple... On April 17, 2010, I fulfilled my promise to one of those two girls.
As I exited enterprise rental cars, I was a bit nervous to traverse LA alone. Thankfully, my friend, Beth Harrison, accompanied me most of the time. I was only alone on my return voyage...
My friend, Beth Harrison, and I at the LA Temple. Beth was the Young Women's President while I was serving as the 1st Counselor. She flew in from Seattle, Washington, while I flew in from Boise, Idaho. It was so fun to see her!

~LA Temple~
The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The spirit felt in the temple was amazing! My heart was full as I watched Jill being sealed to her husband for time and for all eternity. I have never been so touched at a sealing as I was at Jill's sealing. I have a testimony of temples! I know that if we are married in God's house, we will be sealed together as husband and wife forever! I am so grateful for this knowledge, and I feel so blessed to be sealed to my eternal companion, my best friend, the love of my life, my knight and shining armor...Bryan!

We went to Malibu Beach after the wedding, and before the reception. It was breathtakingly beautiful!

~Andrew, Me, & Jill at the Reception~
My recollection of my promise was a bit different from Jill's recollection. I remember feeling like I would try to make it to her wedding (if I could afford it, if it was at the temple, etc...); however, she remembered me saying I would be there...without a doubt! I was so glad I was able to go! Both Jill's mom and dad talked to me about my "promise", and how much it meant to Jill. I am so glad that I was able to fulfill what I hadn't realized to be a full-fledged promise. It was an amazing experience, and I loved being there!
...now that I am serving in the Young Women's once again as the Young Women's President, my husband has admonished me to be careful in what I say...I hope that all my young women know how much I love them, and how much I would love to attend their weddings...

No comments: