Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Amber!!!!
February 7, 2009
We spent Amber's birthday in Idaho Falls, and we had a great time!! We woke up bright and early, and opened Amber's first present...a leapster 2. We then rushed to Piper's baptism, which was an awesome highlight to the day! We had pizza for lunch with "root beer floats" to substitute for a birthday cake. The afternoon was spent playing games, and spending time as a family. Later in the afternoon, Grandma took Amber shopping at a specialty girl store, and then we rushed off to a movie. It was an awesome day full of laughter!
I love Amber because:
She thinks of others
She loves to serve
Her smile warms my heart
She wants to be like Jesus
She plays with Jacob
Her ability to be peacemaker
She is witty
Her smile brightens the room
She has the ability to make others feel good
She skips wherever she goes
She knows she is special
She tries her best at everything she does
She has a determination to do what is right
If she puts her mind to something, she has the ability to succeed

During the day, Jakey found a bag of chips ahoy cookies...We named him our little "Cookie Monster"!
Jakey finding the bag....

Jakey eating the contents of the bag, and hoarding his stash (thinking don't you dare take my cookies!!!)...
Jakey unwilling to share with Aunt Roxanne....

Jakey cracks me up!! He does the same thing with his toys. Hopefully I will eventually be able to teach him the rewards of sharing.
(I wish I had a picture of Piper's baptism. I forgot to bring my camera to the church!)
February 8, 2009
We drove home on Sunday, and opened Amber's second present with Daddy. She got the Tag learning system, which she loves!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

What a neat family you have, Carrie. I loved the birthday party ideas for Amber, both the giving of the presents and the layered musical present idea. Too funny about the jello cake. We've had those at our house, too! I loved seeing pictures of the bull sale, too. All in all, it just makes me miss you all!