Thursday, November 19, 2015

Good-bye Cabo

Cabo You’ve Been Good To Us…

Going on a trip with my sisters was the best experience ever! Since Brandon died, I have felt the need to truly connect with family. Sometimes it's easy to allow the busyness of life get in the way of what is most important. This trip was one of those times in which I got to be with the people that matter most. I am so grateful that we went, and I am so grateful for the memories I made!

Highlight of memories...



Bryan and I were the last couple remaining. We meant to spend one last morning soaking in paradise; however, Bryan got super sick. We still walked down to the Marina for one last look, and to find a pharmacy. I searched different symptoms on-line and prescribed him some needed meds. Come to find out, I prescribed exactly what he needed (we talked to a doctor once we arrived back in the states). Without the medicine, Bryan wasn't truly able to travel. The meds helped immensely. (I have a bug in my hair.)
We had so many laughs while visiting Mexico. Most of what we laughed about will forever be "inside" jokes. I created a list of my favorite "inside jokes":

The last honest thing that we heard was when the stewardess said, “Welcome to Mexico”.

This is my 4-year-old daughter (lady at Airport).

Do you have the receipt? (Lady at Hotel)
I don’t have the receipt.
Do you have the receipt?
I think you have it.
We have spies at the airport. We know.
Do you have a 4-year-old daughter?
Is this really an important part of the conversation?

Almost Free.

Worst case scenario: this is your view.

“I have big ankles—I don’t want to draw attention to them.”
“I have a big one.”

“It’s formula. I promise it’s not drugs.”
Bryan tastes the “formula”, and says, “It’s protein powder.”
The officer then explains, “Next time you need a permit.”

Pedro said, “There’s no way out.”
Dave responded, “And thus starts the kidnapping.”

“Wait. Let me take advantage of you before You Go …I’m an honest Mexican.”

“I’ve been trying to give them the finger they taught us, and it’s not 
working. I’m thinking about using a different finger.”

Can you take us to Costco?
Si. Si. Costco.
(He then drove us to a little convenient store, and we asked again about Costco.)
No. Costco. It will cost you $300
The next guy told us that it would only cost us $14 to get to Costco

Would you like to eat, sir? As he pulls off the highway.
No. I’m good.


The zip-line guide explained how there would be washcloths to wash away the dirt and tears. A girl then responded, “It was just one tear, dude.”

No comments: