Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cabo San Lucas

Zip Line & Dinner

Today we went on a zip-line tour. There were 9 different lines with rappelling! At first, I could hardly convince myself to lunge over the ledge; however, by the 9th line, I was a pro. 
We also spent our evening walking through the Marina. It was the first time I had ever seen a Marina. Although it smelled of fish, I was enthralled by the boats and the night lights surrounding me.



Somehow we found ourselves listening to a timeshare. We spent our whole morning listening to a speech all about the benefits of Solmar. They put us through 5 different levels of persuasion. With each new level, we were offered bigger and better deals. They kept promising us that we would be dismissed shortly; however, we were not. At one point, I begged to be able to leave so that we might make it to church; however, the sales pitch  continued. Right from the start we were promised a taxi to church with every assurance that we would make it to church on time; however, by the time we were allowed to leave, church was over. The people at Solmar were frustrated at our lack of purchasing as we were with our lack of church.. This picture is of the boys waiting for the girls to escape. "Escape" seems like a strong word, but really--that's exactly what we needed to do. The only highlight of the presentation was that I was able to bear my testimony to a worker who had a picture of an LDS Temple. She had never been to church, but her friend had given her the picture.

Nine Zip-Lines and Rapelling

Marina



After we took a picture, he grabbed my hand and motioned for me to step on the box. I kept looking around for Bryan, but he was no where to be found. I was completely embarrassed as he kissed my hand--my sisters thought it was a riot.

No comments: