Saturday, August 22, 2015

Kalli's Wedding

TRENT AND KALLI GET MARRIED

My sweet niece, Kalli, got married on August 22. As I try to contemplate the best words to describe my feelings, it's difficult to put into words the thoughts of the heart. Being in the temple with two amazing young people brings my heart such joy. To attend the temple, to be married in the temple--is not a simple feat. It takes the preparation of a lifetime, and a dedication to the Lord's commandments. Keeping the commandments of God creates an inner beauty that glows. This was true for Kalli and Trent on their wedding day. They glowed with their testimonies, their faces emanated the joy of their decisions leading them up to the moment of their marriage in the temple of the Lord.

Kalli has always been an example of the believers. She has always had the courage to Stand for Truth and Righteousness. She is a valiant servant of God. She knows who she is and where she is going. Pure joy shines from her very being, because of the decisions she has made in the past and the present. Kalli is the type of person everyone wants to be around, because they feel so good in her presence--because she shines with God's love. A thousand little decisions led her to being who she has become, and I am grateful I get to be a part of her life!

I am so proud of the decision that Trent and Kalli made to be married in the House of the Lord. As I think of their decision, I pray for my own children to follow in their footsteps...in a very long time. As I watched my older sister, give her daughter in marriage, my heart strings held to my own kiddos for just a bit longer. If I could freeze time, I would. I wish my kids could stay young forever. For now, I will bask in their youth, and pray that someday--a very long way off someday--they will too, choose to be married in the temple.
Payson, Utah Temple




This picture emanates the love that Kal shares with everyone. Even on her wedding day, she chose to take a moment to love her little cousin. President Monson has said, "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved" (President Thomas S. Monson, Finding Joy in the Journey). Kalli had many people waiting to greet her, but she still gave love to even the smallest of people--who just happens to be a BIG PEOPLE  in my eyes.


Again...





The one instruction I gave Jake: "Please don't spill on your suit."
I had to laugh when I saw  him eating his ice cream cone...

I absolutely loved dancing with my boy. Someday I won't have to bend over... For now, I love that I do.


No comments: