Saturday, August 22, 2015

Elkington Family Reunion @ Lagoon

Elkington Family Reunion

After Kalli's wedding, we spent the following day at Lagoon for our Elkington Family Reunion. 
Going to Lagoon for a family reunion wasn't my favorite idea. It was Brandon's turn to plan a reunion, and since I was next in line--I got the opportunity to make arrangements. I had originally planned on having our reunion in Featherville; however, going to Featherville and then to a family wedding the following week seemed overwhelming. The entire family was planning on making the trek to Utah for Kalli's wedding, and since Kalli was getting married on a Friday--Saturday would be open for a reunion. Thus, Lagoon became the chosen destination for the reunion.
We had a great day at Lagoon. I never thought I would say that I enjoyed standing in lines; however, I did enjoy standing in the lines talking with each of my siblings. All of our kids were old enough to ride most of the rides, so we didn't separate between "little kid" rides and "big kid" rides. This allowed us to spend the entire day together.  I was sad to the day come to a close. This was probably one of my favorite activities shared with my Elkington Family, and it was in a place I had originally tried to avoid. It goes to show that it doesn't matter where you are physically, what matters most is what you do with it.  









No comments: