Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Superhero

A Superhero Stopped By Our House Tonight

Jake ran outside and shouted, "I'm Batman!" He quickly took on a defensive stance, and held both hands up ready for combat.

Jake is a Superhero! He isn't just a hero, because he has captured my heart (although that is nice). He is a hero, because of how he faces his challenges every day. School work doesn't come easily for Jacob, but he doesn't give up. He believes that it will all work out, and he faces each new challenge as if it will. He trusts, and then he works hard to make it happen. This kind of faith is inspiring. For Jacob, this kind of faith extends further then school work--he also has faith in God. There is no question in his mind of God's reality. Because he has such a strong testimony of the Gospel, he desires to share it with his friends. This year he has already shared a "pass along" card with a neighbor, and he has born his testimony at school. He doesn't hold any hesitations in doing these things. 

Jacob inspires me. I want to be more like Jacob. He is my SUPERHERO. I think I am writing this today, because I have a friend who I need to speak to about the Gospel. I feel it in my heart, and because of my little man's example, I am finding the courage to act!



No comments: