Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SLEEP STUDY

Jacob tried so hard to be brave. He kept talking himself through his fears, but still... I could see the fear in his eyes. I kept reminding him that all he had to do was sleep. That's it. Just sleep. Jacob has had trouble breathing for a long time. This study was going to give us some needed answers as to Jacob's well-being while sleeping. Although Jacob understood that this was a needed procedure, I still think the fear of the unknown was difficult for him.
They gave Jacob a stuffed bear to help comfort him. When we got home, he asked me to throw it away. He didn't want to see the bear ever again. I tried to convince him that it was fun--a memory, but he wanted nothing to do with it. It reminded him of his fear in the hospital. I am so proud of my little man for being so brave when is insides were so afraid.
The results of the test:
-He has respiratory distress 1-2 times a night; however, he still maintains a normal oxygen level, so there is no need to be concerned.
Conclusion:
-He has a mild sleep disorder.

The fear in his eyes breaks my heart.






No comments: