Tuesday, March 8, 2011

~HUGS FOR HOPE~
My dear friend, Jason Fisher, passed away in October from a brain tumor. In his memory, his beautiful wife set up a foundation called "Hugs for Hope". Jason had always wanted to do something for the children who were suffering from cancer, and so this was Heather's way of helping his dream be realized.
As a young women's and young men's group, we coordinated with Heather, and made 50 "hugs for hope". A "hug" is a scarf with gloves on the end, which make the scarf resemble a "hug". Not only were the young women and young men involved, but my family as well. Both Hailey, and Amber wanted to make a "hug" for the children with cancer.
On December 21, 2010, we delivered our "hugs". We were only able to meet with one cancer patient. She was 8-years-old, and absolutely beautiful. She smiled with a brightness of hope, and courage. Our hearts were touched as she graciously accepted a hug. As I walked away, I wiped a tear from my eye...it just didn't seem fair.
I am grateful to have been a part of something so amazing. I wish there was something more I could do for cancer patients. For now...I will continue praying!

~My children with the 50 "hugs"~

~Kirsten, Ashley, Katie, & Kennedy~

~Our Young Women's Group~

No comments: