Friday, February 13, 2009

NANNY MCPHEE
January 30, 2009
Hailey is now seven...almost eight, and she has only lost four teeth (two of which were pulled by the dentist). She has simply not lost very many teeth, and it really has been an anxious experience for her. While other kids have been losing teeth, and getting tally marks on the board, Hailey has been pulling and yanking at her teeth to accomplish the same result...a tally mark on the board. Hailey's two front teeth have been loose now for what seems like forever. In fact, we thought she would be a candidate for singing the song, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"; however, although her teeth were loose, she just couldn't build enough courage to pull them all the way out (even though she had been pulling on them like crazy up to that point--it was the final act that scared her). On Friday, January 30, Hailey finally built up the courage to pull out one of the two teeth. The other tooth hung by a thread, and as a result it stuck out of her mouth whenever she smiled, talked, or even closed her mouth. She thought it was so funny...in fact, she kept running to show everybody how much she looked like "Nanny McPhee". She finally lost the second tooth on Saturday. What a relief!

3 comments:

Jana said...

It was fun reading your blog! No apolagies needed it goes 2 ways. My hang up was that I had no idea what your married last name was. I have been to Idaho Falls several times since then, and was tempted to stop by your parent's place and track you down. Yes, I have a blog, if you really want to see what lame blogging is, check it out. You do a wonderful job at it! dansonfamily.blogspot.com I did recently do a few updates, but am still behind. Email me with your email address, and I will write more about what we are up to. Mine is janaanson@aol.com

Jason and Jen said...

Hey! I found you by stalking a few other blogs! Now I can feel like I see you more even though we only live a couple miles apart!

The Wallace Family said...

Hey Carrie I too found you through a chain I couldn't even recount. But your family is growing up! I love it. Sadly, I suppose we grow up too. bummer. I still get confused and think I'm 25-Daren reminds me I'm not. Oh well.