Saturday, January 10, 2009

KIDS GIVING TO KIDS
My friend, Allison Prince, wanted to teach her kids about giving to other kids this Christmas. She decided to sponsor a toy drive directed by her kids. Her daughters taught a free craft class for a donation of a toy. There was also a book drive, and -of course- Santa was ready for pictures for only a small fee, which was then later used to buy more toys for families in need! It was such a fun experience! I am so grateful to friends who constantly set awesome examples that I can (hopefully) follow. I am also grateful for Allison's inspiration on teaching kids about giving...my kids had so much fun picking out toys for kids in need, and then creating a craft (which they also gave to someone else). It was a great experience!
Painting our Craft!
Our Santa Picture
Jakey wasn't too excited about his chance to sit on Santa's lap...he was ready to get off as soon as possible!

No comments: