Wednesday, January 14, 2009

December 15, 2008
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY
I am officially 30! I remember when there was a time (not so long ago) that I thought that 30 was old. Isn't it funny how much your perspective can change as the Lord blesses you with wisdom:)? Truly, I do feel young and full of life...even though I really can't sleep like I use to, and running almost puts me in my grave, and I am beginning to notice gray hairs and wrinkles...those things do not mean that I am old...quite the opposite! All those things really mean is that I am beginning to gain perspective, and I love perspective!
During the day, I was able to go to the Olive Garden (my favorite restaurant) with some friends. I wished I had remembered my camera, so I could post a picture of my dear friends in Boise; however, I forgot to bring it. This is a picture of my friend, Heather. She came over after lunch to just hang out with me and my kids. I am truly grateful to Heather. She is such a good friend to me...it really wasn't chance that she moved in as my neighbor.

Before Bryan and I went out to eat for dinner, we sang "Happy Birthday" with the kids, and ate birthday cake. I felt it was a bit backwards to eat cake before dinner, but I really wanted my kids to be with me for the cake.
The kids were so excited about the cake that they helped me blow out the candles. Bryan kept saying "let mom blow out her own candles", but I honestly thought it was really cute! I liked having them with me.

After we ate cake, my two good friends, Heather Pruett and Jen Tobler, came over to watch my kids, so that Bryan and I could have a night out on the town. (Truly, I am so grateful for the love and generosity people give me all the time!)
Bryan and I went to PF Chang's for dinner (also a favorite restaurant). It was fabulous! My favorite part about PF Chang's; however, is their GREAT WALL OF CHOCOLATE. It is the best!!! Sadly, I was too full from eating cake with my girls to eat any more cake. (No worries...Bryan and I will just have to go back very, very soon!)
After dinner Bryan had planned on taking me to an outdoor event, but the weather had turned really cold, so he took me shopping for new jeans instead. I had a great time roaming the mall with Bryan! It really was a great birthday! (Even if some people think it means I am old now...those people just don't know.)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

happy birthday Carrie!!! I am glad you had a fabulous day. I don't believe 30 is old, especially since I am approaching it rather quick my self -LOL! Glad you had fun:)

Steve said...

Happy Birthday!!\
Liz

Pam said...

Umm, just wanted to tell you how much I like your pants...those are sweet. and I still have your bday present, but you already know that. another good excuse for me to come see you tonight.

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday! I am sorry I missed it but still the same, Happy Birthday! I love catching up with you!

Bryan said...

Man, you are OLD. You are lucky to be married to such a young, 25 year old, hunk.

misty said...

Happy birthday, Carrie. I agree with you about 30. I found it to be a wonderful celebration of life. I could still do so many things, was just beginning to learn and do and change in new ways. Of course that was all so long ago now. At 31, I'm just old. Just kidding. By the way, you look so wonderful.