Saturday, January 10, 2009

December 8

BUILDING A GINGERBREAD HOUSE
Every year we have a tradition to build, and decorate a gingerbread house. This year I bought a package at Costco while Amber was with me, and for several days Amber pestered me about the house. I had to keep reassuring her that on Monday night (FHE) we would definitely be building our gingerbread house! When Monday finally arrived, both Hailey and Amber were ecstatic!
Hailey decorating
Amber decorating
Jacob taking care of the "eating" portion of the activity
Hailey and Daddy concentrating on the structure!
While we were waiting for the structure to dry (if you start decorating before it dries, it will fall apart), we took a family photo of our progress.

Almost complete.

I think that my girls' favorite part about our gingerbread house tradition is eating the candy off of the house all throughout the month of December. Personally, I find it gross to pick at old hardened candy, but my kids beg to differ. In fact, this year I found my children prying candy off of the house with their teeth, because the frosting had hardened so much that they could no longer pull off pieces appropriately. Honestly, I can't imagine how the candy on a gingerbread house that has been sitting on the counter for days...weeks...could be that good...but, apparently I am missing the picture.

1 comment:

Steve said...

looks like fun!!
It was so good to see you guys the other day.
Liz not Steve