Thursday, June 11, 2015

Happy Birthday, Hailey!

Happy Birthday, HAILEY!

Right before Hailey's birthday, Bryan asked me about my celebration plans.  I told him that Hailey's birthday was going to be really "low-key"--no big deal. Bryan laughed, and said that I didn't know how to do anything "small". When we were all said and done, it may have been a bit bigger than even I had imagined--making Bryan's assessment correct. In my defense, I love planning; I love playing;  and I love going and doing. Somehow in that process of planning and playing and going... it became bigger than "low-key".
Amber and Jake pulled through with some nice gifts for Hailey.

They gave her anchor jewelry (which is a loved theme for Hailey) and a wallet.


We've been telling Hailey that she WAS NOT getting a phone for her birthday, so when I "faked" my phone ringing in the back room and then asked her to go answer it for me--she was shocked when she discovered that it wasn't my phone ringing, but a box, and not just any box--an iPhone 5 box. As she pulled open the box, she couldn't contain her excitement...


Natatorium 

After we celebrated a bit at home, we ventured to the Natatorium for some good family fun.









Surprise

And finally, I invited a few friends over to go to a movie (Cinderella), and eat some treats! It was a fun-filled "low-key" day. :)


I love this sweet daughter of mine.She teaches me daily about being Christ-like and persevering. Whenever Hailey enters the room, my day is brightened. I feel so blessed to be called her mom. 

For the past little while, whenever I look at this sweet girl, I am hit with a realization that she is growing up, and she is growing up quick. Before I know it--she will be off to college, and getting married. Not that I am wishing her life away, but the reality of just how little time we get to have this sweet girl in our home is constricting my heart. I want to cherish every moment. I want to magnify each moment. I want to freeze time. Because before I know it--I'll be looking at candles that say 18 instead of 14, and I will be wanting a replay. OR MAYBE... if we live every day to the fullest, then maybe we will be excited for our new adventures when they come. 

No comments: