Saturday, February 7, 2015

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, AMBER!

We celebrated Amber's birthday at the cabin. We don't really love sleepovers, but we allowed an exception to go to the cabin. (Amber invited Ava Merritt and Brooklyn Lowry.) When we first arrived, the power was out at the cabin. It was late, so there wasn't anything we could do about it. Bryan and I considered going back home as the cabin was freezing cold. However, we also wanted to stay, so that we could make sure the food in the freezers and the refrigerators was disposed of properly. It was decided that we would stay, so that we could take care of the cabin. To keep the kids warm, we piled blankets on them and had them snuggle together. At first we had them on the couch, but the blankets kept falling off, so we carried mattresses to the living room, and arranged a bed by the fire (thankfully, we were able to get the fireplace working despite the power being out...it wasn't pumping heat like it would have been had there been power, but there was warmth, which was needed). The power being out was an adventure that all of the kids seemed to enjoy. To them--it was fun. I remember feeling the same way as a kid. I am sure Amber will never forget her 11th birthday. Memories were definitely made as we cuddled together to stay warm. 


COVER YOUR ASSETS

We played "Cover Your Assets" for hours and hours. It's a new favorite game at our house, and it is quite addicting once you've started.



PRESENTS

Ava Merritt and Amber

Brooklyn Lowry and Amber



Valentine's Scavengar Hunt

Playing in the Snow











Happy Birthday, Amber!

Sometimes I wish I could freeze time. I wish there was a pause and replay button on life. I would pause on all the moments I absolutely love, and then I would go back and replay them over and over again. I know it isn't wise to live in the past, and truly--it's not that I want to live in the past... I just want to enjoy every second of every day. Life goes by so quickly, and sometimes it is easy to forget to cherish the moments. Amber is becoming a young lady. How did this happen? Where is the little girl that use to run into my arms with enormous bear hugs? Where has the time gone? It's in moments like these that I wish I had that pause and replay button. And if I really think about it, I can make myself sad with the little bit of time I have left with this little girl of mine, but rather than be sad for all the time gone, I am choosing to embrace the moments left. Each and every moment will be ours. And even when she grows up, and moves away--I can and will love her from afar. When she came into my life, I couldn't have ever imagined how much love I would have for her. My heart is full to bursting.

I love that Amber loves her friends and watches out for them through times of need.
I love that Amber has a strong testimony and chooses to bear it monthly.
I love that Amber desires to do the right thing, and has courage to follow her desires.
I love that Amber reads from The Friend and her scriptures daily.
I love that Amber is thoughtful and kind to those around her.
I love that Amber is teachable. She is able to take correction, and learn from her mistakes.
I love that Amber is determined to succeed.
I love that Amber's smile lights up a room.
I love that Amber has an adventurous spirit. She loves trying new things.
I love that Amber understand the meaning of "working hard".
I love that Amber shines with the spirit of God. She is like a light on a hill.



This is my favorite picture of all time! I absolutely love it!

No comments: