Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRYAN! 


My dear sweet husband never does anything for himself. We, the children and I, wanted to surprise him with a gift he has always wanted, but would never do because of the cost. We gathered all of our resources, and gave him a family ski trip to Bogus Basin. Bryan loves to ski, but he just hasn't for quite some time--partly because of family life, and partly because of finances. We are all so excited for this special birthday gift!

We love our daddy and husband so much! Here are a few of thing things we love about him:
I love that he thinks of other people first. ~Hailey
I love that he is forgiving all of the time. ~Hailey
I love that daddy is funny and always wants to have fun with me. ~Amber
I love that daddy is kind to everyone. ~ Amber
I love that dad is so nice. ~Jacob
I love that he does good stuff. ~Jacob
You make me feel like a princess, and you are a great daddy to our children! ~Carrie
I love that we are partners in family, in money, and in parenting. ~Carrie
I love that you work hard to fulfill your calling, and that you seek inspiration for that calling. ~Carrie
I love that you are diligent at reading your scriptures and praying. ~Carrie
A bonus (I couldn't stop…I shared too many with the kids): I love that you provide for our family, you hold the priesthood with honor, you put God first, you have a testimony, you have your sights set on eternity, you do the laundry, you smile at me, you play with the kids, you support my silly traditions, you listen to my concerns…even when you are busy at work, and that you are my best friend…




As with tradition, I did another countdown to Bryan's birthday. 

As part of Bryan's countdown, he received 7 fortune cookies with fortunes: 

*Through study and prayer you will someday be crowned with ETERNAL LIFE.
*Every day you kiss your wife—will be a better day for the both of you.
*You will never regret spending time with your family.
*As you turn to the Lord in prayer, He will magnify you in your calling J.
*Telling your wife that you love her and that she is beautiful may bring you blessings.
*You kids will sing to you in the near future.
*Your wife will surprise you in some way.

No comments: