Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Amber!

Amber's one birthday wish was to go to the cabin with a friend. We don't really "do" sleepovers; however, we consented to a cabin trip sleepover...on several conditions... When we arrived at the cabin, there was deep snow everywhere. While standing, the snow hit me at my waist. Because it was so light and fluffy, we could run through it. It almost felt as if we were swimming through snow. We had a fantastic day, and we were so glad that Brooklyn Lowry and her sister, Kortlyn, could come with us!

I absolutely love birthdays, but I hate that with each birthday, my children get a year older. This birthday was no different. I can't believe my little girl is now 10. Time flies too quickly. I wish I could bottle up every special day and relive them over and over again. I am so grateful for Amber in my life. She is a treasure. She will hold my heart always and forever.
10 Things I love About Amber:
~I love that Amber finds joy in her everyday life. Amber’s nickname could be smiley, because a smile is her most common expression.
~Amber’s joy is contagious. I often find myself smiling in her presence.
~Amber is a hard worker. She is determined. If she sets her mind to something, she always seems to get it done.
~Amber is spiritual. She studies her scriptures every morning, and she blesses us with her knowledge.
~Amber is a good friend. She is conscientious of those around her. She wants to help the “underdog” whenever possible.
~Amber loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She has a strong testimony, and she shares it often.
~Amber is kind to her siblings. She is a friend to both her sister and her brother. She thinks of their feelings above her own.
~Amber is a goal setter. If she feels she needs to improve in some area, she will write it on a note where she can view it, and then continue to work at it until she has accomplished her goal.
~I love Amber’s hugs, and I love that she shares them with me often.
~ I love Amber’s spunky personality. She is witty. She is carefree. She is genuine.
I just love my little girl!! Happy Birthday, Amber!



Amber's birthday began in our own home.







Making a trail for sledding was a momentousness task, but totally worth it!































No comments: