Monday, May 30, 2011

FEATHERVILLE; MAY 2011

We were able to go to the cabin with some dear friends. We absolutely love the Forsberg family! They are the kind of people who know how to make others feel good. They truly emulate Christ-like qualities in all of their actions. I learn so much about how to be a better person simply by being in association with them.
I am so blessed to have so many good friends who teach me to be more like my Savior. As I ponder on my life, and the associations I have been blessed with in my life, I am amazed. Heavenly Father truly knows what we need, and he sends us friends to deliver us that message! To all of my friends--I am grateful.

A FEW PICTURES FROM A WEEKEND OF FUN:


Jake's favorite activity is to throw rocks into the river. This time he recruited some friends!

Iron Rod. The summer prior I put together a night hike which was centered around Lehi's dream in the Book of Mormon--the tree of life. Justin was our bishop, and had mentioned that he would love to have his kids experience the night hike. So, in an effort to do just that--we created the same experience for our children. This is a picture of Hailey holding to the "iron rod".

Here Amber is by the Tree of Life. The Tree of Life represents Eternal Life. It is through holding to the rod (reading scriptures and listening to the prophets) that we are able to traverse through this life and make it to eternal life with our Father in Heaven.
My children loved this experience. They learned that there may be temptations along the way (mommy trying to make them let go), but if they hold to the rod--they will be safe and they will make it home again!

No comments: