Saturday, May 21, 2011

LIFE IS A DANCE
Amber loves to dance. Ever since she was able to walk, she has been walking around on her tippy toes. She would walk for hours with her toes being her only support. I remember cringing as I watched her pretend she was a ballerina. I also remember her "showing off" her uncanny abilities to my in-laws--she loved the reactions she received. This ability revolved into a determined dancer at heart. She began being extremely opinionated as to her attire. She wouldn't wear any shoe that didn't "tap", or wear a skirt that wouldn't twirl. Each and every item purchased had to be examined prior to purchasing as to its tap or twirl worthiness/capabilities. Most of the time I thought this was completely endearing...all except for the times when she would all of a sudden decide that something was no long tap or twirl worthy, which meant that she could no longer wear that item. And she wouldn't. It was quickly disregarded, and no matter how I bribed, pleaded, or begged--I would always find myself giving it away. And then all of my frustrations would melt away as I watched my twinkle toe daughter dance through the house.

I hope she keeps dancing--not just literally, but symbolically. Life is a dance.
Here is Amber on May 21, 2011, at her dance recital:


Best Friends


I love that Bryan plays with my girls. It is one of the reasons he is so endearing. He cares more about what my children think then what anyone else thinks. It doesn't bother him to act a little crazy while onlookers watch in a bit of amazement. I absolutely love it!

We celebrated Amber's accomplishments at White Water Pizza!

No comments: