Wednesday, October 6, 2010

~FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL~

I remember when I was little loving the first day of school. I loved to dress-up in new clothes, do my hair pretty, and see my friends. I loved using new school supplies...my crayons, pencils, and markers all for the first time! I simply loved the first day of school!

Now, as a mother, I dread the first day of school. If I could keep my children home with me--I would. I have considered home schooling on more than one occasion; however, each time I consider the possibility--I simply know it isn't the right choice for our family. There are lessons at school that I know that my children need to learn. The tough lessons. The ones that make a mother's heart ache. And maybe that is why I hate watching their little backs as they walk away... Maybe it is because I know that they will struggle... With that being said, I also know that with each struggle, they are becoming refined. Sometimes I wander as I send my kids off to school, if it is somewhat similar to how Heavenly Father feels as He sends us here. And just as I am sure our Father in Heaven hopes we are prepared for our life here on Earth, I too--pray that my children are ready for the lessons they will learn at school.
FOURTH GRADE

FIRST GRADE

No comments: