Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Third Birthday, Jacob!!!
Amber and Hailey are constantly asking me how Jacob got to be so cute! Day in and day out we find ourselves laughing at this little guy...his mannerisms, his expressions, his sweet personality brings us joy! One thing is definitely for sure--he has his mama wrapped around his finger!
Three Things WE LOVE ABOUT JACOB (this is hard...I need room for a bigger list):
~Your SMILE is CONTAGIOUS & you BRING LAUGHTER to our home DAILY!
~You are always trying so hard to do what is right! (I love that you always say that you are a "good boy", and I love that you believe that, because you are!)
~You have such an amazing spirit at such a young age. Wherever we go, you bring a smile to our faces as we listen to a constant stream of primary songs emanating from your sweet lips!
Jacob's birthday was on a Sunday, and we normally "go out" so our celebrations began on Saturday....lucky kid! Primo's was a perfect fit for Jacob!

~When I asked Jacob what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said he wanted to watch CARS, so after going to Primo's, we invited his buddy, Spencer, over to enjoy the movie...neither of them "watched" the movie, but his birthday wish was fulfilled.~

Sunday Celebrations:




After blowing out the candles, Jacob insisted on holding the "three candle" from his cake. I handed him the "three", and walked away. As I was serving cake and ice cream, Jake was definitely upset! At first I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and then I realized what he was saying...."yucky three". His mouth was full of wax--he had taken a bite of the candle thinking it was candy, and he was telling me that it was "yucky". I quickly cleaned out his mouth, and had a good laugh. I then handed him the candle for a second time for picture purposes, and he took another big bite from his "three candle". The poor kid had another mouth full of wax! After that, the experience was permanently affixed in his brain. For days after his birthday, he told everyone he saw about his "yucky three". Poor kid.
~Classic Eating by Jake~
My goal for his third year of life is to teach him a few manners.

No comments: