Monday, January 25, 2010

~VISITING GRANDMA AND GRANDPA ELKINGTON~
After a quick trip to Featherville, we ventured a visit to Grandma and Grandpa Elkington's. Our kids continued to get spoiled by a showering of gifts, and they played their little hearts out! We had an amazing Christmas Break! Too bad it couldn't have been longer!

DAY 1: GRANDMA's and GRANDPA's and GIFTS
Grandma and Grandpa gave Amber skates, and she absolutely loves them! She has been skating since she first set eyes on them! My hardwood floors are feeling the pain of the new skates...a few dings here and there... I did pick "rustic" floors for a reason--right? At any rate, Amber's joy is evident as she twirls and glides through our home. Perhaps, with a few more falls, she will catch on that the carpet is more forgiving on her bottom, and on my wood floors. Wishful thinking? Maybe I will start praying for spring to arrive sooner...Does Heavenly Father grant special requests like that? Again,...wishful thinking...He's probably praying for a longer winter, so I will benefit from gaining patience : )?

DAY 2: NEW YEAR's at MICHELLE's CABIN
~Snowmobiling at Aunt Michelle's Cabin~
(Easton and Jake)
Easton was so kind to Jacob-he took him on several rides!
~Amber Drove a Snowmobile for the First Time~
~Amber pulling Jacob and Cooper with the Snowmobile~
~Riding Snowmobiles~
~Sisters Holding Hands~
These two are the best of friends! They are always looking out for one another, and it isn't uncommon to see them holding on to each other. At night, I often walk into their room, and see my two sweet dears holding hands while they sleep. I hope it never changes!
~The BIGGEST ICICLE KNOWN TO MAN-Photo Shoot Take 1~
(I love that Amber is licking it rather than smiling for a picture!)
~ICICLE Take 2~
~ICICLE Take 3...Amber eating it again...~

1 comment:

Kara said...

Looks like you had a great winter break. I love the picture of Amber driving the snowmobile. How cute and fun!!