Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I can't describe my surprise, my unbelief, and then my joy as I read my birthday post dedicated to me by my dear, sweet eternal companion. There are no words to articulate my feelings of gratitude, love, and devotion. There is never a day that goes by that I am not grateful for this man being in my life, and for the beautiful relationship we share... It reminds me of a song that Bryan dedicated to me (which he does on occasion). The song is titled "The Best Thing". The chorus of the song states, "This is the best thing. The best thing that could be happening, and I think you would agree...the best things is that it is happening to you and me...". I absolutely love this song! It describes my feelings for my eternal companion, and my best friend...on so many levels.... Perhaps to illustrate my feelings even more, I would like to share an experience I had yesterday with my little girl. Yesterday, my eldest daughter prepared to give a heart necklace to a friend, which symbolized BFF (best friends forever). It took me back 20 years to when I was little, and I was exchanging necklaces, bracelets, and other knickknacks to symbolize "important friendships". It brought back sweet memories as I watched my daughter with this necklace...but it also brought great gratitude... Gratitude, because unlike years past where I would give and receive BFF necklaces only to become BFF's with another a few months later...I now have a BFF, which is truly FOREVER. And with these somewhat rambled thoughts, I now dedicate to my BFF the song that he once dedicated to me..."This is the Best Thing" right back at 'cha babe!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Super Cute Post Carrie. You guys are a great couple.