Friday, October 23, 2015

Featherville/ Donuts on a String

Weekend Getaway/Donuts on a String

The kids had two days off from school, so we decided to take a trip to Featherville. We packed a few of our traditions and quickly left town. This was a memorable trip. We spent a lot of time exploring and playing by the river. However, my favorite memory was playing hide-and-seek in the woods. We had never played hide-and-seek in woods before. It is such a simple game--and it seems to be one the kids enjoy--so I am not sure why it never occurred to us to play it previously. I am so grateful we discovered it on this trip--I think it was a major highlight for all of my children. Well...that...and, donuts on a string (another October tradition). 










I wondered if I could break the stick by jumping on it...I did.


 Donuts on a String







 Tree Climbing



It was my idea to climb this tree. It seemed perfect for climbing. There were branches sticking out in all of the right places... Amber was scared of the idea completely. She begged me to stay on the ground; however, I wanted her to see that all was well--I promised her wouldn't be wreck-less, and I would climb a short distance. She still wasn't so sure; however, she allowed me to climb. It really was  a great tree to climb.


This was Amber's reaction to me when I arrived back on the ground.

1 comment: