Friday, August 2, 2013

EDUCATION WEEK 2013
Education Week was simply amazing for our family! Each of the kid's were divided up into different classes much like a Mini-EFY. The children were assigned a few counselors, and the counselors prepared age appropriate activities and lessons throughout the day. Every afternoon when I would pick up my kids, they were so excited to tell me about what they had learned. Each of them were touched in different ways, and all of their testimonies' were strengthened. One day after picking up Jacob, he kept asking to watch the same Mormon Message over and over again. He was so sincere as he desired to be obedient to that message--he had obviously been touched by the spirit! 




I was scared to death to belay my husband. I felt as if I had his life in my hands.


Amber was the first to go, and probably the bravest of us all. She made it all the way to the top on the first try.








Hailey was surprised at the height of the platform. She made it to the level right before the top tier; however, when she came down, she was disappointed she didn't make it to the top. We told her that she did great, but she wanted to try again.








Jacob also did a phenomenal job. He was definitely brave!




In order to begin the "swing", I had to let go of one of the ropes. Choosing to make myself fall was more intense than I had imagined. Perhaps I was so high up.






Teamwork Challenges





Amber Makes it to the Top Again.




Hailey Succeeds in Her Goal to the Top
I love Hailey's example of perseverance. She knew what she wanted, and she was determined to succeed. Even though she fell short of her goal the first time, she didn't give up--she tried again.





No comments: