Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Amber!
Amber requested two activities for her birthday: The Cheesecake Factory, and Game World. We had so much fun at both locations; however, the highlight of the evening was when Amber got her ears pierced!

Cheesecake Factory

Amber wanted her ears pierced; however, in our home there are two rules a girl must accomplish in order to have this privilege. First, she must be eight; and second, she must demonstrate responsibility for a month. Amber has been working for over a month on reading the scriptures, and practicing her piano without reminders, and she has done a fantastic job! We were thrilled to surprise her on her birthday with her ears being pierced!


We have a tradition where we pass a paper labeled "You Are Special", and write what we love about that child. Here is what was written about Amber:
I love you smile. ~Mom
I love it when Amber tells me her adventures at the end of the day. ~Hailey
I love Amber's sense of humor. She is funny and clever. ~Dad
I love Amber's desire to do what is right. ~Mom
Gives me candy. ~Jake
I love that Amber wants to be a good girl and follow Jesus. ~Dad
I love Amber's testimony in the Gospel. ~Hailey
I love her that she gives me cake. ~Jake
I love that she watches out for others. ~Mom
Amber is nice to her little brother and plays with him. ~Dad
I love Amber's need to serve before getting. ~Hailey
I love her because she pretends to be Santa and gives me presents. ~Jake

No comments: