Saturday, June 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hailey!!!
June 11, 2001
Hailey
I absolutely adore my 10 year-old little girl. Yes, "little"--she will always be my little girl no matter how big she grows. I have to keep telling myself this, because as the days turn into years, time is passing too fast. Hailey is my constant in any storm. From day 1 she calmed my spirit when grandma passed away with the news of her arrival, and she continues to calm my heart in every action she takes. When faith is described as a rock--it is describing the kind of faith Hailey demonstrates. She believes all things, and she backs up her beliefs with her actions. Just recently Hailey made the choice to forgo playing in a soccer game because it would be held during General Conference. Prior to this decision she turned down a spot on a competitive league because the teams in that league played on Sunday. She knows what is right, and to her--that is the most important.
I love spending time with Hailey. She is not only my daughter, but a friend. When Hailey was two I struggled with my communication with her. Not just the normal 2 year-old struggles, but I knew I needed to fix some things. I took my struggle to the Lord, and my answer was simple--Hailey was my twin. She was my personality. My good. My bad. I'm not sure why it was difficult to cooperate with someone that was my little replica, but it was hard, and once I understood--doors opened. Now, many years later, we are a pair. I absolutely love my sweet Hailey. Our time shared is genuine fun! And I know that each day I have with Hailey is a blessing! Happy Birthday, Hailey! We love you! We are better because of you!
IN CELEBRATION OF HAILEY's BIG DAY, we planned a day in Jackson Hole, WY. We bought a package, which allowed us several rides on the Alpine slide, miniature golfing, and a ride up the mountain on the ski lift.

JACKSON HOLE, WY.






The boys riding the chairlift to the Alpine Slide.


We had so much fun playing miniature golf. It was the first time for our kids, but they seemed to catch on fast.

We met some friends in downtown Jackson. The antler arch is a must-see picture spot.

Jake doesn't know how to smile, so he helps himself by pushing his cheeks up in the shape of a smile.
 
Our family at the top of the mountain.

 Michelle's Cabin
We met my family at my sister's cabin, and celebrated with my nephew, Easton (it was his birthday too).

Hailey got "Just Dance" for her birthday! We had a lot of fun rocking out to all different types of music!

No comments: