Friday, July 24, 2009

HAPPY 10th Anniversary!!!
Bryan and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this year! On April 30, 1999 we were married in the Idaho Falls, Temple. We were sealed for time and all eternity! We have shared happy moments, and some sad moments, but all of the moments have been shared together, and our love is deeper because of it! I feel so grateful to be married to my sweetheart, my best friend, my eternal companion! I am continually amazed at the blessings my Heavenly Father sends down upon me...Bryan will always be one of my greatest blessings that I will thank my Heavenly Father for daily!

Our celebration began as we dropped off our kiddos with good friends. (We are truly grateful to the Grant's and the Carroll's for transporting, watching, and feeding our kids for two days--it was a much needed celebration, and we could not have done it without them!!) We then traveled to Sun Valley, Idaho for a weekend full of outdoor entertainment, and fun-filled company.

On the evening of our anniversary, we went bowling. The hotel we were staying in had a bowling alley in the basement. This activity couldn't have been more perfect, because our "first" date was centered around bowling, and hamburgers. Ironically enough...this was the first time we had been bowling since our first date...and it was definitely evidenced by our scores...and by my great moves (who else could lift their leg so acrobatically?).

The next morning we went ice skating. We spent a good hour laughing, falling, laughing some more, falling some more, succeeding in a few tricks, and finally laughing some more.

My amazing trick! Watch out Sasha Cohen...I'm your next big competition!

Here's Bryan's acrobats! He is definitely in the running for the next Olympic Gold.

Finally, here we are feeling accomplished and successful! Truly, we had a great time! It was so much fun just being together, and loving that we were together!

Right after ice skating (and some shopping), we went to ride the bike trails around Sun Valley. We had a great time enjoying the scenery.

~Some downtown shopping...and relaxing~

Overall, we had a fantastic weekend full of fun entertainment, good company, and good food! I missed my kiddos, but the thought of leaving behind my "alone time" with Bryan made me feel homesick for our "alone time". I was definitely feeling pulled in two directions!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

It looks like Bryan won the bowling games inspite of Carrie's dancing to help her ball go strait.