Friday, September 4, 2009

FINALLY LAGOON...
Every summer the Miller family goes to Lagoon. We arrive as the gates are opening, and we leave as the gates are closing. In June we attempted a trip to Lagoon; however, when we arrived at Lagoon, it was closed. Our spirits remained high as we drove another hour to Seven Peaks all the while promising our disappointed children that we would come back to Lagoon (we had already purchased tickets, so there was very little choice). Finally, on August 1, we succeeded in our attempt...we went to Lagoon!
~Jacob, Logan, Truman Riding the Helicopters~
I love the Lagoon tradition simply for the opportunity it provides for my children to play with their cousins!
~Jacob, Ava, Aunt Michelle, Carly, Aunt Kathleen, & Mike on the Swings~

~Aaron, Uncle Jonathan, & Tim on the SKY COASTER!~
~Mom, Dad, & Hailey getting ready for the SKY COASTER!~
Hailey watched her cousins and Uncle get ready to ride the Sky Coaster, and decided that she wanted to ride too! I think her daddy also wanted to ride, because she didn't even have to plead with him to pay an extra $15 per person...he just smiled and said, "only this one time".

~Mom, Dad, & Hailey Riding the Sky Coaster~
When we were getting hooked to our suits, the lady informed me that because of weight dynamics, I would need to be the one to pull the chord. I was scared to death! It was one thing to be hanging high up in the air, and not have control of the situation, and quite another to be creating the situation. On the way up, Bryan kept talking about how high it was..."wow, we're high...wow...we're really high"! I finally had to close my eyes, and beg him to stop exclaiming how high we were, so I wouldn't lose my nerve.

~Jacob with Cars~

Amber has wanted to ride the Bat ever since Hailey was tall enough to ride! This year Amber was finally tall enough! They were so excited while waiting in line that I had to take a picture!

~Amber and Hailey Riding the BAT~


No comments: