Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!
Hailey and Amber started school! Amber is attending Desert Sage Elementary, and Hailey is still at Amity Elementary. We tried to get Amber into Hailey's school, but to no avail...
To be honest, I have dreaded this day for a long time. I always dread the beginning of school. I love having my kids at home. Don't get me wrong...I am not some amazing mom, but I do my best, and the thought of someone else teaching my children for the majority of the day is difficult for me. I have to put my whole trust in a teacher I don't even know. I have to believe that she will care for my child, and to be honest, I do not think that is always the case. So, with heavy heart I send my children to school. I send them to learn what I can't teach them at home. I send them to discover their identity. I send them to learn how to communicate properly to adults, and socialize appropriately with other children. And although I send them with a heavy heart, I also send them with a smile, because I know that even though there will be bumps along the way, there will also be great joy! And also because I know that those "bumps" along the way is what develops character. And isn't that what life's all about...working through the bumps, and finding the sunshine in every day moments?
This is a picture of Amber with her new teacher, Mrs. Witgenstien. We went to kindergarten round-up a few days before school, and Amber got to meet her new teacher!

~ Amber on the First Day of School~

~Hailey on the First Day of School~

BOTH GIRLS ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL:
They were so excited! They were practically jumping out of their skin just get to school! Good Times!




No comments: